11.04.2006

Jeff Levy Hooked Me Up

It is unlikely among my <1 readers that any of you have heard of Jeff Levy. He is a radio talk show host who hosted a computer-centric based program on KFI for years. It was stylishly called "On Computers”, and even though I'm an Apple fan and Jeff pretty much addressed Windows machines, I still somehow found the show interesting. He had a knack for inserting a slightly blue-cheesy vaudeville sense of humor.

Anyhow, I was walking the dog sisters Chuy and Scout and decided to stop at the donut shop around the corner to get a little somethin' somethin' when this older man approached and asked what kind of dogs they were. I don't really know what they are...Retriever/Lab/Australian Shephard? Anyway, he told me about his adventures in adopting rescue dogs, culminating with a $7500 Doberman. And it has a passport from italy, he exclaimed. He said that he could mentally communicate with dogs and showed me his "dog training techniques". I was curious at first, until his first command was something like, "Okay, don't roll over". He then proceeded through about two more jokey commands, then we made way to the donut shop doors. He told me that anybody who liked dogs was "alright in his book" then insisted on purchasing my cappucino and croissant.

I thought he was an eccentric rich guy (he had a newer white Jaguar), and when he gave me my stuff he noticed my iPod. He told me that he had a website, "www.jefflevy.com" and then I instantly knew who this phlegmy-voiced comedic angel was. I gave him some props and told him that it was a pleasure and he assured me that we would see eachother again. So there you have it. My brush with radio aristocracy. Perhaps I will see Jeff Levy again. And when I do, I'll tell him you said hello.

http://www.jefflevy.com/default.aspx

3 comments:

Jim said...

How many consecutive sentences can you string together with the opening clause, "then he proceed to tell me?"

Albert said...

Probably about 12.

Anonymous said...

single edge duggannhs bubble equivalent suspicion guar polished fowlers consequent arrangement
lolikneri havaqatsu