10.31.2008

My Assistant Directors

Someone said I was crappy because I hadn't posted anything in the last four eons.

Who reads this anyway?

Just to fill space, I'm gonna write about what's on my mind at the moment. I was just going through my contact manager (Apple's Adress Book) and I noticed that I hadn't capitalized my current Assistant Director's name. As I corrected said error, I began to think, "How many AD's have I had"?

I started my directing career (and yea, it doth continue to this very day) at American Dad, and so the following list naturally applies to what I like to call "America's Favorite Show"...

1. Edgar Larrazabal
A nice fella. We did two episodes together, "Roger Codger" and "Con Heir". Edgar always had a jolly disposition and a laissez-faire attitude.

2. Caleb Muerer
A heckuva a guy. Alas, we only did one episode, "Finances With Wolves". He went on to beautifully direct American Dad, but now spends his time as a character designer. Caleb is great at finding the comic essence of each scene, and I was always delighted by his boards and his attitude.

3. Tim Parsons
A swell man. We did a whole season together: "Camp Refoogee", "The Best Christmas Story Never", and "The Vacation Goo". Tim went on to direct American Dad. Tim's boards are simply beautiful to behold, and he never caused trouble like Caleb!

4. Aldin Baroza
A real jim-dandy. We did two fine shows together, "Tearjerker" and "Spring Break-Up". He walked on over to greener pastures. Aldin was a fast and furious board artist, and you couldn't ask for more.

5. Oreste Canestrelli
A helluva squingilli. We did "Live and Let Fry" and another one I can't remember the name of. He left me to work as a director on the new Fox show, "The Cleveland Show". Oreste brought a rock-solid foundation of perspective and a fighting spirit of cinematics to the table. It would kill him to adapt to American Dad's "flat" style, but he walked the razor's edge and managed to get many of his bold ideas through.

6. Valerie Fletcher
One supah gal of arrow-making descent. We have thus far only done one episode together, "In Country...Club". Val is not only a super-talented character designer, she is a tour-de-force storyboard artist. I HATE HER!!!

There ya have it.

-Albert

3 comments:

Jax Cassidy said...

About damn time! I'm proud of you!!!

Jim said...

I read. Truly this is your finest post. You have peaked.

Valerie said...

I hate you too.