12.29.2006

Fugitive from the Law!



After a fun time of riding dirt bikes and quads in the sand dunes of Glamis, California, I got an early-morning ticket from a sheriff for rolling through a stop sign. Turned out my license had expired as well, so the guy was being a dick and said that I couldn't even drive my car to park it, so he would have to tow it. Then he went back to his SUV sheriff car and made me wait another 10 minutes while I cursed myself and the futility of it all, and besides, who makes these dang laws that won't even let you drive 50 yards to park your car? F'in ridiculous!!

He came back and said, "Okay I'm going to let you park your car at the Motel 8. but don't drive it anywhere else. If you do, we will take your car. So call someone to come and pick up you and your car" (meaning that two people would have to come). My options were to call my fmaily that was still sleeping at Glamis and ruin their trip by making them leave Glamis early OR calling someone (two people) from LA to travel about 200 miles to come get me and the car. The cop left me and I thought to myself, "There is truly only one option". I called my sister's boyfriend Trey for moral support and any extra angles on the subject. He said to wait 4 minutes then book. I'm not saying I drove away, but I am saying me and my car were gone about 30 seconds after I got off the phone with Trey.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Exactly what you should have done, figures another dick cop